Selecting the perfect Bridal Veil to go with your gown is an art! A veil is not something we wear everyday, and selecting one that suits your own style [and that perfectly complements your bridal gown] can be a daunting task. Veils add an extra sense of tradition and flair for occasion. And your veil should enhance your style and personality.
Fun Fact: Did you know that in Ancient Rome Brides appeared enveloped in a saffron-colored haze that symbolized the flame of Vesta, the goddess of home and the provider of life?
In the modern world… women have a fresh approach when it comes to thinking about the wedding veil, now considered a bridal accessory, rather than a tool worn for modesty.
Today we bring you the first in a weekly series of tried and tested “veil facts” to help any bride find the perfect veil! Designer Justine M of Justine M Couture says...
There are 6 key things to consider when selecting your veil style:
- Veil Length (short & flirty or long & dramatic) should complement your gown
- The cut of the Veil (refers to the Veil's shape) again be sure to pair with your gown
- The gather/thickness of the Veil (the way the veil is attached to the comb)
- The number of layers the Veil has (1 is translucent, 2 or more is bold and mysterious)
- The Veil's trim (lace along the edge?) or decorative beading (scattered beading?)
- The comb type (the way the Veil attaches to your head)
Some brides love a dreamy and bold “full poufy” look that multiple layers creates and some brides prefer a more simple “fine gather” look with a simple trim. Your veil matches your personality more than any other accessory!
Justine M Couture has the capacity to cut any veil in a variety of different thicknesses and lengths. Also comfort is a huge factor on your wedding day so be sure to pick a veil with a metal comb [the only type Justine M Couture uses] that will be comfortable and easy on your hair.