Wedding coordinators, event planners and event designers are the backbone of successfully implemented weddings. Here's 7 great reasons for you to work with a real pro planner.!
1. A good wedding planner is the conductor to the orchestra of your wedding vendors. Yes your wedding vendors know what they're doing individually, but having a real professional event planner coordinating all these different professionals into creating a symphony just for you can make your event a harmonious work of art instead of a discordant mess. And the best wedding vendors truly appreciate working weddings when there is a capable planner at the helm.
2. Someone who knows what they're doing and knows what can go wrong and how to make things go right overseeing and running your wedding makes all the difference in the world to your event and your family's and guests enjoyment of it. Have you planned numerous weddings yourself? Probably not. Reading a bunch of information on websites can never prepare you for the experience of running one of the most top-heavy and emotional experiences of your life which, oh yeah, involves all of your family and friends and - no pressure here - a good chunk of money and is also supposed to be one of the best days of your life. Ahhhhhh!
3. Ask yourself: 'do you want to enjoy your wedding or handle it?' Good. That's what we thought. Now go hire a planner and step aside and actually experience your wedding as the single most important guest there.
4. A wedding planner becomes your voice when you can't speak for yourself because you're busy getting married. Handling an upset wedding guest or controlling family member, can ruin your wedding experience. But if your event planner is in on the potential pitfalls and politics of your family he or she can handle anything that comes down the road leaving you free to feel the love and celebrate.
5. A wedding planner is your budgetary advocate. In other words inexperienced planner who often brings a lot of business to a venue or a vendor and who helps avoid expensive mistakes can save you a lot of money.
6. A great wedding planner becomes your therapist and confidant. Planning a wedding is stressful. Being able to vent and complain, cry or get it out with someone who is not in your inner circle of family or friends (i.e. someone who won't be hurt or hold what you say over your head for the rest of your life) really helps you clear out some mental junk. A great planner helps you release then straighten your crown and move on.
7. And sometimes a planner becomes a best friend. Think about someone who- for a living -helps people celebrate one of the most powerful intimate and impactful days of their life. Frankly wedding planners are pretty cool people so allowing this person into your celebration is allowing them into the best part of your life. Befriending your event planner happens an Who doesn't want a friend who's loving and talented and cares about other people's most important days?
Do yourself [and everyone you love] a huge favor: hire a professional event planner and enjoy your own wedding!
A wedding or even designer helps you from day one create your dream wedding with all their expertise and talent. Check out our list of Event Planners, Coordinators and Designers here...