The Way of the Artist Photographer and Why You Really Want One for Your Wedding Day
1. The Artist Photographer lives and works from their heart.
Think about it. Don't you want someone who lives from a passionate heart photographing one of the most loving, passionate days of your life? A day where you see your Dad cry? And your Aunt and Uncle who have been divorced for a decade laugh and dance together? And your sister's kid gurgling with giggles, eyes wide with wonder, toddling up to each guest as they try to make it down the aisle? That's a big, heartfelt yes.
"If it's both terrifying and amazing, you should definitely pursue it." - anonymous
- What would you be doing in an alternate reality?
- Who would you be?
- What would you create?
Suzanne and Mike say "Art and photography are our favorite ways to explore new realities. New realities within ourselves, others and the world around us. This month, we have been experimenting and recreating memories, dreams and other visions with portraits, groups and landscapes. We love being inspired with a wild perspective and making it come to life through photography."
2. The Artist Photographer is looking for beauty in, sometimes, the most unique places. As Suzanne told us "I entered into a photo contest with an entry called, 'The Town'. Our beginnings and endings, trials and errors, questions of identity and worth, dreams and risks can take place on any street. This is my collection of images and wishes that seeing beauty in a space might help others to see beauty in each other." We just love her!!!!
3. The Artist Photographer stays in the moment so they can capture your soul. Artists capture spontaneity and joy on one of the most [sometimes overly] planned days of your life. That's because they are staying in the moment, looking for the light and the love and the art in your day. You must be in the moment to stay in touch with emotion and when that happens and you are a talented photographic artist like Shewanders...we think magic happens.
4. The Artist Photographer stays inspired ... because life is magical and there's always some new adventure around the corner. "Suzanne and I meet to discuss a new chapter of The Artist's Way on a weekly basis. This process has changed who we are as artists and as a couple. There are questions at the end of each chapter with subjects that hit deep and get to the root of our inner child and artist. It's a safe place to explore and be really open with each other, sparking conversations that bring greater connection and vulnerability. It's hard for me to always be super emotional, but this book makes it simple to realize the art that is already inside of you. It reminds you and gives you the confidence to experiment." - Mike
You may ask what about the tradition wedding shots we need? Of course the artist captures the photos you need like the wedding party, bride with family, groom with family, etc., but they also make sure to fly free to capture the spontaneity and the feels of your wedding so they can gift to you what they do best; images that will evoke the magic of your wedding day and inspire generations to come. Thank you Suzanne and Mike for always inspiring us too!! xo