Life is full of surprises! And when you venture out into [very] public places with your best friends, feeling the love and connection you have, styled to look extra special, well you never know what you might attract! We love this photo by San Diego wedding photographers First and Orange Photography! It reminds us to roll with the surprises you might encounter and always have fun no matter who or what you run into! We say don't fight surprises during a shoot, embrace them; stray lifeguards, surprise weather, people or happenings in your engagement photo session may make for some of your best times and most talked about memories. Being in the zone of love and connectedness makes for amazing memories and trying to control every aspect of life will kill a good mood [and good photo] every time - so plan for what you can and then enjoy life as it unfolds for you as a constant, joyful, surprise!
Believe it or not, this isn't a photoshopped image at all! This style - by San Diego photo artist and wedding photographer Eder Photo is called a double exposure and it's simply taking a photo over an existing photo all done in camera with no digital manipulation necessary! Kaylor and Keith used this photo as their save the dates and on signage at the wedding as they loved it so much! Here's the rest of their joy filled, fun, and colorful Engagement Shoot at The San Diego Zoo and all around North Park and uptown San Diego! Congratulations Kevin and Bobby!!
We just love Sunset Cliffs and we know you do too! The view, the water, the air, the breeze, the gulls, the surfers; it's the quintessential San Diego view! The gorgeous view was enhanced in this photo shoot, styled by Jessica J Events, with a lovely bride model holding a sweet Springtime bouquet by create by Genesee Florists just for the occasion!
Capturing contrast is the essence of art. Dark and light, rough and smooth, harsh and elegant. This styled bridal shoot took place in Poland; a land of contrasts, known for beautiful women and years of history, some of it beautiful and some of it harsh. The photographer Masha found this old industrial building that used to be a military factory before the second World War and wanted to show the contrast between feminine beauty and the raw, industrial surroundings, and how cold, forgotten places can change as soon as beauty touches it. Artists like Masha know that finding and creating beauty makes the world a better place. We couldn't agree more.
The Way of the Artist Photographer and Why You Really Want One for Your Wedding Day
1. The Artist Photographer lives and works from their heart.
Think about it. Don't you want someone who lives from a passionate heart photographing one of the most loving, passionate days of your life? A day where you see your Dad cry? And your Aunt and Uncle who have been divorced for a decade laugh and dance together? And your sister's kid gurgling with giggles, eyes wide with wonder, toddling up to each guest as they try to make it down the aisle? That's a big, heartfelt yes.
"If it's both terrifying and amazing, you should definitely pursue it." - anonymous
- What would you be doing in an alternate reality?
- Who would you be?
- What would you create?
Suzanne and Mike say "Art and photography are our favorite ways to explore new realities. New realities within ourselves, others and the world around us. This month, we have been experimenting and recreating memories, dreams and other visions with portraits, groups and landscapes. We love being inspired with a wild perspective and making it come to life through photography."
2. The Artist Photographer is looking for beauty in, sometimes, the most unique places. As Suzanne told us "I entered into a photo contest with an entry called, 'The Town'. Our beginnings and endings, trials and errors, questions of identity and worth, dreams and risks can take place on any street. This is my collection of images and wishes that seeing beauty in a space might help others to see beauty in each other." We just love her!!!!
3. The Artist Photographer stays in the moment so they can capture your soul. Artists capture spontaneity and joy on one of the most [sometimes overly] planned days of your life. That's because they are staying in the moment, looking for the light and the love and the art in your day. You must be in the moment to stay in touch with emotion and when that happens and you are a talented photographic artist like Shewanders...we think magic happens.
4. The Artist Photographer stays inspired ... because life is magical and there's always some new adventure around the corner. "Suzanne and I meet to discuss a new chapter of The Artist's Way on a weekly basis. This process has changed who we are as artists and as a couple. There are questions at the end of each chapter with subjects that hit deep and get to the root of our inner child and artist. It's a safe place to explore and be really open with each other, sparking conversations that bring greater connection and vulnerability. It's hard for me to always be super emotional, but this book makes it simple to realize the art that is already inside of you. It reminds you and gives you the confidence to experiment." - Mike
You may ask what about the tradition wedding shots we need? Of course the artist captures the photos you need like the wedding party, bride with family, groom with family, etc., but they also make sure to fly free to capture the spontaneity and the feels of your wedding so they can gift to you what they do best; images that will evoke the magic of your wedding day and inspire generations to come. Thank you Suzanne and Mike for always inspiring us too!! xo
Becca and Jeff have an anniversary photo session every year, since they were married in 2012 [great idea right?!]. This was year 2 of many more to come and took place along the beautiful Del Mar Dog Beach! What a great way to commemorate a lifetime of love together! Check out all our outstanding photographers, and book your annual shoot - bet you get some deals for advance booking too! And as always...how about those doggies!?
Photography by: Tracy vanDam Fotografie
Ribbon backdrops are all the rage and one look tells you why - they add dimension and depth to your background (well made backdrops have strips that are hand torn and tied with frayed edges adding to its movement and character ) yet do not fight with the subject of a photo [you!]
Handmade ribbon backdrops by With Love Event Decor are perfect for a photoshoot or event back drop [hide that ugly wall]. And design bonus: you can re purpose them post event as adorable curtains [hello baby's room!].
Hand made ribbon backdrops are perfect for many wedding staged areas like:
- dessert table
- photo booth
- cake smash
- photography prop
- bridal showers
- and more!
Need a matching highchair skirt? With Love Event Decor has got you covered!
With Love Event Decor makes each backdrop to order so you get exactly what you want!
On February 14, 2016 Valentine’s Day at The Wedding Party EXPO, this ‘Romance’ theme show will have a special Engagement Photo Shoot Prize featuring some of the areas top photographers capturing the love in a FREE engagement session right at the show!
4 lucky couples will get an engagement shoot right at the show. Each couple gets paired with a top area wedding photographer [like the incredible Tim Otto Photography - see some of his work below]. This photographic artist will spend a little time with you at the lovely Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Resort get to know you a little and to see your unique beauty in person and then do a FREE engagement shoot in gorgeous pre staged areas designed by Lauren Sharon Vintage Rentals!
Each winning couple gets all retouched engagement photos from the shoot… plus an 11” x 14” print of their fave photo from the shoot … and all images on flash drive……… total value $500!
With decor sponsored by Pop Up Picnic a division of Lauren Sharon Design & Rentals.
With giant Tee Pees, 3 generations of Native American models, handmade crocheted fashion, hand crafted decor elements, top notch hair and makeup, gorgeous vintage furnishings and real live wolves...yes wolves, you're going to love this beautifully styled shoot! Capturing the natural joy of all our models [ human and lupine!] was one our faves: SheWanders Photography.
Stay tuned we publish next week!