Why plan your wedding in a convention center when you can plan in style at San Diego's biggest, most loved and longest-running, stylish wedding fair? Get your tickets now and save on San Diego's most gorgeous and amazing wedding planning day; The 45th San Diego Wedding Party EXPO! With 4 fashion shows, CAKE dessert lounge, a cake tasting contest, food, wine and more all this Sunday February 25, 2018 downtown San Diego at the breathtaking, Edwardian era US GRANT HOTEL! See you there!
Aloha! Having a an island themed celebration is such a blast in San Diego! Even now in December with our warm weather, perfect days and gorgeous settings, we're the perfect setting for an island life style! Andrea and Corey, started their wedding weekend celebrations with a welcome luau at the super popular Liberty Station, San Diego. Their guests had a delightful excuse to escape to a tropical Maui luau with signature cocktails in coconuts, lei's, flower crows and hula dancers! Each seating area [and oh those wicker peacock chairs!!] was adorned with lush tropical flowers and colorful rugs, pillows and unique, hand selected furniture making for a lovely luau feel all day long celebrating their love and marriage with classic Aloha style!
Wedding Vendor Credits:
Photography: Kate Captures Photography
Linens and Coverings: Classic Party Rentals
Ceremony Location: Venues Liberty Station
Equipment Rentals: Pow Wow Design Studio
Design and Decor: Back up backdrops
Bakery: The Cravory
Equipment Rentals: SD Interior Rentals
Floral Designer: Flowers Annette Gomez
Specialty Foods: Joes on the Nose
Cinema and Video: Anthology Films
Invitation Designer: posh paperie
Caterer: The Wild Thyme Company
Other: Snake Oil Cocktail
Calligrapher: Design by Laney
Event Planner: White Lace Events & Design
Reception Venue: Barracks 17 at Liberty Station
Jasmine & Daniel's compatibility was undeniable from the beginning. They met online and after their first date they both told their best friends that they'd found 'the one'! The colorful nature of San Diego's Spanish Village at Balboa Park complimented this wedding couple and their guests so well. Their bright personalities shined through and since the Groom is a brew master at a local San Diego brewery everyone enjoyed the 'pour it yourself' beer taps and a wine station. Daniel's best friend Ben became ordained and performed the ceremony and his personal experiences with the couple made this bright and happy day of love all the more special.
Wedding Vendor Credits:
Photographer: Paul Douda Photography
Makeup Artist: Alyssa Medeiros
DJ: Arthur Djartistic Mitchell
Cake Designer: Azucar
Etsy Designer: BridalRings Designed by Irina
Dress Store: Demetrios Bridal
Floral Designer: Green Fresh Florals
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Men's Warehouse
Caterer: Paella Valenciana
Linens and Coverings: PATTY'S LINEN RENTALS
Reception Venue: Spanish Village at Balboa Park
San Diego's coolest wedding expo with all the wedding vendors, bridal and groom's fashion, food, drinks and ideas to have you planning in style! The February 19, 2017 Special Edition Wedding Party EXPO will be at the breathtaking historical US Grant Hotel in the heart of Downtown San Diego.
You will love The Wedding Party EXPO! Engaged couples and guests come enjoy a special day like no other to plan your wedding! Come enjoy this special show in a beautiful, historic setting and enjoy 3 floors and 8 exhibit halls, a rehearsal dinner restaurant row, fashion shows, tons of top wedding experts, musical entertainment and more.
With exciting special features that no other show offers:
- Meet Designer Michelle Hebert in person right at the show and see her amazing collection of dresses!
- Enjoy a multi designer fashion show by M Bride of La Jolla featuring Ines di Santo, Reem Acra and many more of the dresses and designers you crave!
- Ultimate Cake Taste Test Challenge with delicious wedding cakes in lots of flavors
- Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant Row
The Wedding Party is San Diego's sophisticated wedding planning day with cocktails, fashion, wedding experts of 3 floors and over 35,000 square feet of wedding inspiration all in one day!
We proudly welcome all couples to attend to plan a very special wedding!
Don't want to miss our latest featured weddings, event ideas, editorial shoots and style updates?! Just go to our Facebook page and hover over the "Liked" button on the page and
1. Click on "All On" for Notifications and
2. Click on "See First"
That way, you will get our posts at the top of your news feed.
Thanks for being our fan!
Steven and James met while stationed together in Japan while in the Navy, so it came as no surprise that their wedding was 'photobombed' by planes flying by during and after their ceremony, serendipitously celebrating their personal connection with the Navy, planes, and flying. With so much love and joy evident in this lovely, intimate wedding - held at a private residence then moved to Juniper and Ivy to celebrate - we think you will enjoy this featured wedding as much as we did which features happy people, a beautiful San Diego day and our favorite wedding guests....adorable dogs in bow ties!!
Couple: Steven Barber and James Stokes
With such a small wedding, Steven and James wanted an intimate space and beautiful views that highlighted their incredible new hometown... San Diego! The ceremony took place on the roof above their home downtown San Diego with incredible views of the ocean, downtown, and airport.
Photographer: Derek Chad Photography
Ceremony Venue: Private Residence
Reception Venue: Juniper and Ivy
Florals: La Belle Bloom
Men's Fashions: Joseph A. Banks and Lim's Custom Tailer
Bow Ties and Ties: The Tie Bar
John and Katie met through something they both truly love; dancing Argentine tango. Taking tango classes from the same teacher in San Diego over many months they began to feel a deep connection until one day they knew it was love! After the proposal, both Katie and John knew of the San Diego Woman's Club from tango dances held there. In the evening light, it's easy to envision the ambiance of an elegant late 40's/early 50's dinner and dance club when looking at this grand old building and since Katie had already selected a dress in an early mid-Century style, [the Woman's Club was built in 1948] a vintage wedding theme was born! This sweet, lovely lady of a venue had everything they were looking for: a large, beautiful dance floor [of course!], space for 200 guests, an accessible location, and a tango connection. We think you will love this charming featured wedding shot by Derek Chad Photography.... Having both been married before and experiencing all that a wedding can entail, both Katie and John wanted to be sure really savor and remember all the details and hired wedding coordinator At Your Side Planning, which sure helped! Mainly they both truly cared about their people being happy, taking a moment to really celebrate life, hope and love. Looks like they absolutely got their wish!
Photographer: Derek Chad Photography
Venue: San Diego Woman's Club
Coordination: At Your Side Planning
Caterer: Dinners By David
Florist: Artistic Floral
Bakery: Sweet Cheeks
Ceremony Videographer + Photobooth: David Zumaya
Officiant: Craig Sargent
Transportation: Hire Old Cars
San Diego's top bridal show celebrated its 39th show at Venues at Liberty Station with tons of amazing wedding pros and ideas, cake tasting, catered food, cocktails, fashion show and the winner of the Most Adorable Doggie Ringbearer Contest Rocco! We had a blast at this fun day of the best local wedding planning and style. We loved seeing so many talented companies all in one place.
Wedding coordinators, event planners and event designers are the backbone of successfully implemented weddings. Here's 7 great reasons for you to work with a real pro planner.!
1. A good wedding planner is the conductor to the orchestra of your wedding vendors. Yes your wedding vendors know what they're doing individually, but having a real professional event planner coordinating all these different professionals into creating a symphony just for you can make your event a harmonious work of art instead of a discordant mess. And the best wedding vendors truly appreciate working weddings when there is a capable planner at the helm.
2. Someone who knows what they're doing and knows what can go wrong and how to make things go right overseeing and running your wedding makes all the difference in the world to your event and your family's and guests enjoyment of it. Have you planned numerous weddings yourself? Probably not. Reading a bunch of information on websites can never prepare you for the experience of running one of the most top-heavy and emotional experiences of your life which, oh yeah, involves all of your family and friends and - no pressure here - a good chunk of money and is also supposed to be one of the best days of your life. Ahhhhhh!
3. Ask yourself: 'do you want to enjoy your wedding or handle it?' Good. That's what we thought. Now go hire a planner and step aside and actually experience your wedding as the single most important guest there.
4. A wedding planner becomes your voice when you can't speak for yourself because you're busy getting married. Handling an upset wedding guest or controlling family member, can ruin your wedding experience. But if your event planner is in on the potential pitfalls and politics of your family he or she can handle anything that comes down the road leaving you free to feel the love and celebrate.
5. A wedding planner is your budgetary advocate. In other words inexperienced planner who often brings a lot of business to a venue or a vendor and who helps avoid expensive mistakes can save you a lot of money.
6. A great wedding planner becomes your therapist and confidant. Planning a wedding is stressful. Being able to vent and complain, cry or get it out with someone who is not in your inner circle of family or friends (i.e. someone who won't be hurt or hold what you say over your head for the rest of your life) really helps you clear out some mental junk. A great planner helps you release then straighten your crown and move on.
7. And sometimes a planner becomes a best friend. Think about someone who- for a living -helps people celebrate one of the most powerful intimate and impactful days of their life. Frankly wedding planners are pretty cool people so allowing this person into your celebration is allowing them into the best part of your life. Befriending your event planner happens an Who doesn't want a friend who's loving and talented and cares about other people's most important days?
Do yourself [and everyone you love] a huge favor: hire a professional event planner and enjoy your own wedding!
A wedding or even designer helps you from day one create your dream wedding with all their expertise and talent. Check out our list of Event Planners, Coordinators and Designers here...
Tish and Paul are a couple who love restoring old things. They brought back to life a 1965 Shasta Trailer and have converted it into a photo booth. You are going to love love love this gorgeous restored trailer now photo booth!
Grab a prop and climb on into Lola the 12 ft trailer. She is freshly remodeled with new paint, upholstery, even flooring. Push the start button on the screen and within seconds it will print two 2 x 6 classic film strips. We use professional photography equipment and lighting to ensure the highest quality experience. Check out this video of the remodel in action. Go Lola!!
When wedding professionals get together to discuss ideas, business and helpful tips with each other you would think they would surround themselves with anything other than things wedding related. But not these passionate [and amazingly talented] wedding pros! True wedding artists love dreaming about weddings, trying out new wedding styles and designs, working with [and finding new ways to help] wedding couples, and basically staying in love with all things wedding. Here we showcase a fun and exciting business meeting of Weddings of Distinction, a very select group of wedding professionals who regularly get together to connect and as they did here, 'Flamingle'... just imagine what these love loving pros would do at your wedding!